The Family Favorite, Pesto Pasta (gluten free/dairy free)
This pasta recipe has been fine tuned for about a year now and I have to say, after this weekend, I think we’ve reached perfection. It takes about 15 minutes to make and everyone always scrapes their bowls clean. Our 7 year old even loves eating it! Mom win!
For those who don’t know, I have a strong intolerance to dairy and gluten. So, when I can, I try to limit my intake of those two ingredients which is easier said than done. That’s why I love this recipe so much!! It’s gluten free and dairy free. (ps. it could very easily be vegan too if you omit the sausage).
If you’re looking for any other kid free recipes. Check this one out, it’s also bomb.
I’d love to know if you make it! Tag me on IG so I can see how it turned out for you.
Weber Favorite Pesto Pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 links Chicken Sausage sliced into thin pieces
- 1/2 jar sun dried tomatoes Chopped smaller
- 1/2 jar Artichoke hearts Chopped smaller
- 1 container Trader Joes vegan pesto sauce
- Balsamic Vinegar
- unsweetened almond milk or cream to add creaminess and lengthen the sauce
- Salt/peper To taste
- 1 bag gluten free pasta
- Balsamic Glaze For drizzle
- Start bowling your pot of water for your noodles
- Heat up olive oil in skillet and add in sausage. Cook until brown
- Add in noodles and cook for 8 minutes (DON'T OVER COOK)
- Once brown, add in sun dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts. Let cook for about 1-2 minutes
- Add in vegan pesto sauce
- Once simmering, add in almond milk based on preference and a splash of balsamic vinegar
- Drain noodles and add into skillet. Mix
- Serve with balsamic drizzle on top and enjoy!